Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Lost Heros-Pages 0-247 10/29/2013

Prompt: Describe the similarities and differences between the main character and you.
Character-Leo
        
         I have been reading the book "The Lost Heros" and right now im on page 247. So far the group has found out that they all have unreal demigod powers. Leo is the son of Vulcan/hepatitis and was born with the power of fire (only seen once every millenium.) Jason was born from the house of Zeus/Jupiter and has forgotten everything in his life (other than how to take care of himself.) Finally the last main character, Piper. Piper was born into the house of Aphrodite and is blessed with charm-speaking (a rare ability that allows you to win arguments faster.) So the three of them went out on a quest.

        Some of the similarities between Leo and I are that we both like to play with sharp things, we both make sometimes stupid decisions, and we both have started fires in our houses. In the storie Leo is messing around in the forges even after everyone else is done working on their weapons and such. When I was in boyscouts we learned how to use axe's and hatchets, and from that you might be able to tell were my free time went. We both have made some pretty stupid decisions, he followed a dragon into the woods, I have taken my bike tire off and chained it to my bike, which was never the same. He burned hand prints into the picnic table, I lit the stove with mail on it.

        Some of the differences between Leo and I are that he meets a giant dragon made of  metal and the largest animal I have ever seen was an elephant. He loves sandwiches and I pretty much hate them. He can summon fire on will, I have to go to the store and buy a lighter. He lives in a magical camp, I live in a 115 year old house. Finally he lives in a pretend world in Rick Riordan's mind while I live in a real world were I have to write a blog for Lit/Language arts.

6 comments:

  1. Stanley,
    I just loved your blog this week! I love how you compared yourself to the characters in ways you are similar and different, in serious, and silly ways! I also really liked how you gave a brief description of the book so far. Since I haven't read the story, it really helped me understand what was going on so far! Also, wow, you read a lot this week! I also loved they way you ended it your blog! It was creative, funny, and true all at the same time! Overall, great job with your blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see the similarities! The differences were kind of obvious, but true. I like how you described Jason, Piper, and Leo. I especially liked how you talked about their powers. What's your favorite part in the book so far? Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your blog because it was funny but it still followed the prompt! You did a good job comparing and contrasting between yourself and Leo. It also sounded interesting when you described the book's characters and what the book was about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on Carlos, Diego, and gustavo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stanley!! You started a fire in your house!!! What happened?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my mom had papers on the stove and I decided to turn it on. luckily my sister put it out before the papers were burned.

      Delete