Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Demon King, Pages 0-436

*Prompt*- Describe your least favorite character and explain why. Describe your most
favorite character and explain why.


        The book I am currently reading is "The Demon King" and I can't keep my nose out of it. So far, every chapter you are switched from the view of princess Raisa anaMarianna and Han/Cuffs Alister. Princess Raisa a blue blood and Han being a street smart, pick pocketing, gang leading theif. In the story the queen's high wizard is gaining controll over the queen (1,000 years before there was a spell cast on the guard and the wizards making it so they could not gain too much power) and useing her power for his schemes. 

        My favorite character happens to be Hanson Alister. He is a tough figure, throwing off the guard and even making it so it seemed he was dead himself. He is somehow tolerant to any magic and has been known to threat and even stab wizards who get too close. In the storie he meets a wizard on Vale grounds, the land that wizards are forbidden to go on, and of course he and his friend aggervate him. So it excalates to the point where Han has his bow on the wizard, as the wizard is cursing at the Dancer (the friend), and Dancer unsheathed his knife and tries to throw it at the wizard. So there Han is, with a cursed amulet that brings him bad luck for the rest of the time he has it in his hands. His mother and sister die, he gets jumped several times and is almost taken captive by a group of demons.

        My least favorite character is princess Raisa anaMarianna. I do not like the character because she seems stuck up, mischievous, and has no idea what happens outside of her perfect little world. She makes a plan to go to South Bridge to the temple and donate to poverty, with or without her guard. She doesn't even know that in the days before there have been eight killings in the little town. She goes anyway, and when at the temple the guard and Han have a little encounter that ends with Raisa getting kidnapped by Han. Finally a day later Han lets her go and she gets herself into jail trying to "free" the people unfairly put in there.

6 comments:

  1. I like how you gave us background information on the book. It gives us a better understanding on what the book is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Marisa, Abdiel, and Amelia for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job describing the book. It sounds interesting. Good detail on my you like/dislike the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your description. I like how you summarize and describe the characters at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the entire Demon King series a while ago, and I must agree that at the beginning I believed Raisa to be a bit snobby. I also must say for the first book Han was my favorite character, but you also learn to gain a great appreciation for Fire Dancer.

    ReplyDelete