Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"The Outsiders" Stanley Suter

        *Prompt* who is your favorite character and why? Who is your least favorite character?


        This week I have been reading "The Outsiders" and I really like it. I have been introduced to the main characters, Ponyboy (seriously), Sodapop, and Darry. This is set in the late 1900, where the Greasers are a rival gang with the Socs. In the book they are getting ready for a giant gang clash, where they will decide who stays and who goes from their territory. This means that if Ponyboy loses, he could be beaten half to death every time he leaves the house.

        My favorite character is Darry, because he is by far the smartest and strongest character in the book. He acts like a dad, even though it is tough when they diagree, and he is barely eligible to be a parent. He even sacraficed college in hopes that Ponyboy and Sodapop would be able to. He is still a part of the greasers, and their un-ellected leader.

        My least favorite character is Sodapop. I don't like him because he acts like too much of a goof at times. He has a great sense of humor, but he is either in a great mood, or he shuts himself out from the rest of the world. He is neither smart, nor athletic, but he seems to be the glue between Ponyboy and Darry. He even tries to marry his girlfriend, at age 17, but when she rejects him he takes it out in the clash of the gangs.

6 comments:

  1. Good blog. I like your opinion on the people. That guys name is Sodapop, that is funny. It is funny that your least favorite character is a goof a lot, because it reminds me of you a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I like how you tell your favorite and least favorite character and support it with evidence. I also like how you include a brief summery at the beginning. That helps me understand what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your blog, my favorite character was Johnny. Also the clash is really violent. there's a really famous quote you'll read at the end. "Stay golden Ponyboy"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on Carlos, Citlalli, and Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stanley,

    I really liked your blog this week, have you seen the movie to this book? I think I like the movie better than the book, because I think it is easier to follow, and for me it was kind of hard to picture while reading. Do you think Sodapop has a reason to change from being in a good mood to shutting people out? Great job this week.

    ~ Citlalli

    ReplyDelete