Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Notes from the Midnight Driver" By:Stanley Suter

        Prompt- Who is your favorite character? Why? Who is your least favorite character?

        This week I have been reading "Notes from a midnight driver" and I really like it. Its about a kid, who when his parents divorce, tryes to drive over to his fathers house, drunk.So, he makes it to the end of the block, and crashes into only a lawn gnome, but destroying his moms car and ending up in a hospital. Now, after being in court, he has to do 100 hours of service at a home for the old.

        My favorite character is Sol because he is the smartest, funniest old man in the nursing  home, always pulling pranks. At first, Alex and Sol hate the time that they have together. Then, when Alex brings his guitar, everything changes. He loves it when Alex plays, and even cries during one of Alex's preformances.

        My least favorite character is Alex's mom. She often hits him, yells at him, and does other seemingly abusive things to him. She divorces her husband, then grounds Alex because of his andger and where it got him. His dad leaves one hint on their divorce, that his mom actually PUSHED him
out, he didn't want to leave. She even picked Sol as a punishment, knowing that he was one of the most obnoxious people in the home, and THAT totally backfired.

3 comments:

  1. I commented on Gabe, Jesus, and Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I like how you tell who your favorite and least favorite characters are and explain why. It helps me understand the characters in the book better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book seems to be very interesting. I don't know why, but I feel that you would be a person to pull pranks no matter what age like Sol. If I read this book I would probably like Alex's mom least as well because she seems very violence in the way you described her. You were very clear on your favorite and least favorite character. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete