Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Shark Girl" By:Stanley Suter

   *Prompt* Do the people in the book seem like actual people?

        This week I have been reading a book called "Shark Girl" and I really like it. In the beginning it shows her regrets and how her arm was taken off by a shark. As fun as that sounds, it really isn't. Then it tells her time in the hospital to when she gets home and is trying to live without her arm. It gets really interesting how embaresed she gets and the depression she feels, which is all lifted once she finds other ways to do things.

        The first character is one that I don't see as realistic. He is Micheal, the brother of Jean, the girl bitten. He is more angry at her than with himself, because he doesn't want to help her out, or to "serve" her. I find this un realistic because I would hate myself for not being in the water if my sister almost died without me. I also found it unbelieveable how he pushed her directly after she got out of the hospital. She seemed to be in a serious mental state and should have taken her time.

        The next person that I think seemed totally unrealistic was the mother. She seemed almost ok with what had happened, and after the incident she didn't stay with her own child too long after. Instead she went to work and had people come over and look after Jane. Micheal seemed to be the only reliable person that Jane could count on in the hospital, and he wasn't able to stay there full time. Those are the characters in my book that are unrealistic.

4 comments:

  1. I comented on Sarai, Diego, and Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan, I like how you picked a few characters and explained them well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does getting your arm bitten by a shark sound fun?! Anyways, I can see how you think Michael's unrealistic. It was kind of rude of him to say those tings to Jane, especially after all that she went through. I thought that the mom was actually kind of reluctant to go back to work. Maybe since she was seeing her doctor and going to therapy her mom thought she would be okay while she was at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really sounds familiar to a movie I saw about how this girl lost her arm by a shark to, but this one seems to be a little off in some parts. I find it awful how her mother thought it was okay. I mean things happen, but this is a serious problem. I hope that later on in the book she won't get embarrassed or depressed anymore.

    ReplyDelete