Monday, October 6, 2014

Reflective Writing, Stanley S.


          My writing has changed from last year by my use of new and higher tiered words. I've read some of the passages I wrote last year and I found myself using words such as "bad" and "happy" instead of increasing the use of my vocabulary with words such as "substandard" or "ecstatic". This year I felt that this has increased because the books I have read are of much higher difficulty, and I feel I am getting used to how they speak, and maybe sort of reflecting it.

         
          Another part of writing that I think I greatly improved on would be my sense on where to uppercase letters and just general formatting errors that I possessed before. Things like "Im" to "i'm", to which I feel that my teachers in elementary school didn't cover as well as they should have. I increased this by, again, reading better books, and also I think that the work that I did over the summer really helped me get a head start into this year because it is known that children lose about two months of school over summer. Instead, I gained at least the equivalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment