Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quarter Reflection, Stanley Suter

 Prompt-Where are you in your 40 Book Challenge? How have your blogs been progressing since August? What strategies have benefited you? What has it taught you about the world?

         It is the end of the first quarter, and I am supposed to reflect on how my blogging changed from last year. I felt that I have improved in almost every way possible, but I'll try to trim that down a bit.

          In my 40 book challenge, I am on book nine out of 40. I have noticed that my books are much more based on action and adventure instead of books such as classic literature or poetry. I however have had some non-fiction adventure novels, that I find strangely 
interesting because of events that had taken place in real life, had taken so much energy and thought process, but where pulled off as if they where easy.

         Since August I have been progressing with my word choice as well as with the length of my blogs. I have recently been able to retrieve more information from my books than I feel I used to be able to comprehend. Especially when using character development, I have predicted the actual ending to a very good number of books, although that could also have to do with my reading of very similar stories. My vocabulary has increased greatly, as I read from my first blog in August, I realized that I could be using a better choice of words. Instead of "meets" I should have used "Rendezvous". Even though it would have taken more time I would have made my writing just a little more interesting while doing so.

          Through my writing Blogs, I have found that the world is a "get what you pay for" kind of place. These writers put in such great hours, and an amazing amount of effort and a lot of the time they don't become famous. But It showed me that luck is very scarce in our world, and that hard work is your only sure way to become successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment