Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows By:Stanley Suter

        Prompt-Who is your favorite character and why? who is your favorite character?

        This week I have been reading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by J.K. Rowling, and I have picked up much more than I had the first time I read it. Right now, Harry is camping in various places in order to escape Voldemort and the Death eaters that are now able to track Harry, and he has no idea how they are doing it. He and his friends Ron and Hermione are trying to find out what Dumbledores gifts meant and fulfill their quests to set things right in the Wizard world. That is where I am so far.

        My favorite character in the book would have to be Ron Weasley. He is by far the funniest character in the book. This is mainly because of the supplies he uses, the rat/man that all of his brothers used, the wand that shoots slugs in his face, and mostly the tiny owl that is good for nothing but disobeyment. He is super quick to fight and argues with Harry pretty much every year except for their first year at Hogwarts.

        My least favorite character would be Snape. This is a "Of course" moment, but it is for different reasons than you might think. I don't like him because he liked Lily and Harry, but he treats Harry with no favoritism or affection at all. In fact, he often seems to abuse Harry and puts him in detention, even though the only reason Harry acts up in his class is because he was mean Harry first. So, I dislike Snape because of his seemingly Bi-polar attitude towards Harry and his friends.

         

4 comments:

  1. Good blog this week. I tried to read the Harry Potter series when I was in 5th grade but wasn't able to do it. I can see why Ron would be your favorite character because you like funny things. I also like how you called Snape's attitude Bi-polar because of how they describe his feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Amelia, Nadrian, and Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog this week Stan,
    I have only watched the movies but in the movies I could see why Ron is your favorite character I just like it when he gets scared. Good job Stanley you described the characters very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good blog this week. I have seen most of the movies and they are super long. I remember in class you said that you have read all of the books at least 5 times. That's a lot! But your blog is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete