Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Eleventh Plague, Stanley Suter (The Poem Version)


Prompt: Two Voice Poem.

Stephen Jenny

“You don’t have to leave.”

“I do, I can’t stay here and live 
                                                                  my dream at the same time.”

“We can find a way!”

“I’ll come back, this is my home 
                                                                 and always will be.”

“What if something happens?
What am I supposed to do then?”

“Even if something happened,
                                                                 you could live without me, you did before.”

“Those weren’t happy times.”

“I can’t, you know I don’t fit in,
                                                                 you want to make me stay here? 
                                                                 Were I’m not happy?”

“It would be better.”

“Stop.”

“Who do I have? Dad’s in a coma, 
you’re leaving too?”

“I will be back, I cannot continue living like this.”

"What will you do if something
happens to me?"

                                                                   "We both know that's not happening, you have people here."

"And you don't, what then?

                                                                    "I can handle myself."

"Is that what you call setting the
barn on fire? Handling?

                                                                    "I need to do this."





"Please"                                                  "Please"

5 comments:

  1. I commented on Amelia, Abdiel, and Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I know from what I read in your poem is that something very tragic happened and that their father is in a coma. I'd really like to read this book. Why does Jenny have to leave? Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stan - You don't have your characters sharing any of the same lines!! That's part of a two-voice poem.

    ReplyDelete