Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf" By:Stanley S.

Prompt-Describe your most and least favorite characters and explain why.

        This week I have been reading "Wereworld: Rise of the wolf" and I really like it. There are certain very slow parts that develop into awesome fighting scenes. I starts with a kid, a loving mother and a hating father who falsly accuses the son of killing his mom and trys to kill him. Even though it was a giant rat, in this world of transforming humans. This boy, Drew is the last of the wolves, all of the others having been slaughtered by the lions in the great war. In the book he starts out going to high cliff to oppose the lion king but is side tracked several times and is finally captured by the kings guard.

        My favorite character is Drew. He is the "lone wolf" (that was a good one, you have to admit it) and travels on his own for the most part. He meets up with the medic, Hector and from then on they travel together. I like Drew the best because he is the toughest and the most determined. Hector is frightened easily and often throwes up, looking like a wimp. He acts bold but he isn't arrogant, a nice strong boy.

        My least favorite character by far would be Gretchen. She is the girly girl "Im a little princess" (she really is) type of character, who complains way too much. When Drew kidnaps her she is totally unpredictable and irrational, making very stupid moves. The thing about her that really angers me is her unstopping persistence of stupid moves. She leaves the hotel in the middle of no where just to try to get away from Drew and Hector, when she has no idea that 95% of the guard is corrupt and would hold her for ransome. Luckily Drew caught her in time...

6 comments:

  1. I commented on Amelia P. Julia S. and Nadrian F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just by the way you describe Gretchen I know she is one of those annoying princess girl. Good job on your clear thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you described Gretchen in the annoyed way that you did. It made me think of her as a brat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you described Drew as a Lone Wolf... Ha... I wouldn't probably be that character since I think it would be a lot easier to travel in a PACK. Ha... Pun was intended, yes, it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool graphic! Try using different word choice - i.e. yammers for complain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it kind of dumb how the father thinks his son killed his own mom then goes and tries to kill him to. I can see why you find Drew as your favorite character. Gretchen probably would be my least favorite character if I read that book to. I like the picture that you put at the bottom. It really goes along with your book.

    ReplyDelete