Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Giver Week of 12/2/13 Pages- Finished

Prompt: Do you like what your reading? Why or why not?

        This week I finished the book "The Giver" and the ending really confused me. So, jonas and Gabriel set off on a journey to 'Elsewere' all on superstition from The Giver. Well, they run out of food as they reach the wilderness and are filthy. They keep going until they get to a big hill, drop the bike and transmits his last memory of warmth into Garbiel. They he gets on a sled slides down a hill and hears music.

        At first I loved the book. It was full of detail and explained everything throughly. The memories coming into play even made it better. It talked about his relationships with his friend and his family, every thing was fine. Then he started with the bad memories, with war, seperating himslelf futher and further from his family and friend until it seemed he really didn't have one with them. he stopped talking to Fiona, Asher, and Lily a little past the middle of the book and the relationship with his father and mother was much less past the part of release.

        Then towards the end I wasn't into the book as much because I knew what was coming. he seperated himself fully from his friends and family from a plan with the Giver and only Gabe as a companion. When he left is when things became confusing, he kept hurting himself and seeing new creatures that he described horribly. The part I hated second most was when he when on a sled down the hill because it really made no sence unless he was halucinating and dieing. The WORST part was... The book ended!


2 comments:

  1. Great post this week! I kinda know how you feel when it came to getting confused. I think that maybe the sled was there because the people in elsewhere knew he was coming. I loved how you added that the worst part of the book was that the book ended. Great post overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I was also confused and frustrated with the ending. I have about the same thoughts about the book as you.

    ReplyDelete