Tuesday, May 13, 2014

40 Book Challenge Reflection



        Right now, I a on the final stretch of my 40 book challenge. I don't think I am going to finish it however, mainly because I was never set on actually completing it. I have six books left to complete, and I have about a month to do that. I have progressed with my taste for writing and what I am now understanding that I wouldn't have understood before. If I where to rate myself probably a 9/10 from what I did, because it wasn't like I was actually trying to read as much as possible (I was doing pretty good) and then about mid-year I was totally messed up. I got a tablet for christmas.

        Now I have almost reached the goal, I think that I made this happen by just finding reading fun. I pretty much broke my chances though when I got the lead role in the musical. I have been reading much darker and harder books than I would have if I stayed on the level of reading that I was on last year. I have been reading things with old english, that are both interesting and sometimes hard to follow. However, my thoughts are that either the kids want to do and are going to do it, or they don't like reading and aren't going to do any at all. I think that I only kept reading because I have the self motivation to continue reading, and mainly because I, again, like it. So I think you should either make it mandatory, or at least enforce it a little more.

7 comments:

  1. I like your reflection. You were very honest and congrats on (almost) finishing the challenge. I did not even come close to finishing. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you did pretty good on your challenge! It really does sound like you had a pretty good determination for it even if you didn't really want to do it. I have a feeling that chances are, if you didn't get the tablet or get the lead role in the musical, you would have completely finished the challenge but we would all be pretty upset about you not getting the lead role! Also, I think you were very right. If kids don't want to do the challenge, they probably won't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your reflection. Good job telling about how it has helped you. Also that you have began reading harder books. I do agree with you that if kids don't feel like reading a book they most likely won't. I can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your reflection this week on the 40 book challenge. some of the opinions I agreed with and some I didn't but it was still super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont think its a good idea to abolish the 40 book challenge. I think we should leave it so we have a challenge

    ReplyDelete